Wednesday, May 18, 2011

#8,9,10 & 11

I plan to get to 20, but in more than 20 days. .

#11: This picture is an Amira/Mommy collaboration. While I was running her bath, she got into the black ink and contributed her own strokes.

#10: The last two nights I have had a headache (migraine? it lasted soo long.) I went to bed instead of painting. I woke up this morning, headache free and did this piece quickly before work.

#9: Feels boxy.

#8: In this last week, we traveled to upstate NY for my sister's graduation, which made painting on those days a little difficult. Additionally, my parents do not have a full length mirror. I decided to draw my sister instead of me. However, Amira does not go to bed at Grandma and Grandpa's so there were some serious distractions that kept this painting from developing. Not to mention my sister's inability to sit still. She is playing scrabble, who knew that was an active game!

I have passed the halfway point. Each of these still seem pretty different, I don't know if that is reflective of my varying moods, or a lack of control. This is an investigation in many ways though, and hopefully I will learn some more.

2 comments:

  1. Really amazing Sam. In Alima's defense I don't remember you being one to sit still for very long either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are painting everyday, it's interesting how different they all are.

    ReplyDelete