Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!
This year I have been later than usually getting holiday treats out. We never sent our Christmas cards, so I was hoping to make it up at Valentines. While Amira sat in her seat gnawing on a cracker, or hanging out with dad, I was (over the course of three days) able to make these cookies inspired by Martha. I have to say, it was pretty fun, and this was the first time I baked without burning.

They are sugar cookies with fresh lemon and royal frosting with fruit and vegetable dyes and sprinkles. For Adrian I made a special batch of Linzer cookies, as they are his favorite, with an almond cookie and instead of black currant filling, I made strawberry rhubarb preserves, as he loves rhubarb.




1 comment:

  1. Those look great -- why don't you mail some to NY and I'll let you know if they taste as good as they look!!

    ReplyDelete